OpenBMC Sensors

Emily Shaffer emilyshaffer at google.com
Thu Jan 31 04:49:32 AEDT 2019

Hi Aaron,

Note that you only really need to worry about sending the temperature via
IPMI if you want to send it somewhere besides the BMC.  If you plan to do
internal thermal control (BMC reads temperature, BMC adjusts fans
accordingly) you probably don't need IPMI config and can get away with
setting it up as far as DBus in the sensor architecture doc Lei sent.

Emily