SNMP query

susan jasinski susantjasinski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 04:31:10 AEDT 2019

On the GUI SNMP panel, all customers that we tested told us that they want
the ability to test the manager host name or IP address that they provide
to be sure that it is accurate. Right now, the BMC does not have this
ability.

My team did some digging around on the internet and found this SNMP query
suggestion.
https://support.panorama9.com/hc/en-us/articles/203568188-Test-if-SNMP-devices-are-responding-correctly-to-SNMP-queries

I am looking for feedback on whether we *should* implement something
similar?
- If we get a response from an SNMP enabled device in the backend, then we
would provide a  validation message like "Device responded to the SNMP
query"

- If we do not get a response, then we would provide a validation message
like "Invalid host name or IP address, or the device did not respond to the
SNMP query"

I am open to suggestions for the messages.

[image: image.png]

-- Susan Jasinski