configuring lpc register from user space

Tony_Ao at wiwynn.com Tony_Ao at wiwynn.com
Fri Jan 25 12:58:22 AEDT 2019

Hi Vijay,

Maybe you can try this way.
Use ‘mknod -m 660 /dev/mem c 1 1’ to create /dev/mem in the BMC runtime system(This way does not require a system reboot. Please refer to Snapshot#1)
But /dev/mem will disappear when you reboot the system.

So I suggest you can use the mknod to create /dev/mem in the runtime environment.
In order to avoid the /dev/mem disappear when system rebooting, you can use mem.devmem parameters(once you set it, the value will be kept in the flash) to prevent this situation.
You can refer to mem.devmem setting in the previous mail.

Snapshot#1
[cid:image003.png at 01D4B48F.40B713D0]

Regards,
Tony