configuring lpc register from user space

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Thu Jan 24 05:25:43 AEDT 2019

Hi Tony,
How do you append this to bootargs, can you please give me some example and I have to enable this in my production code.

Regards
-Vijay

From: "Tony_Ao at wiwynn.com" <Tony_Ao at wiwynn.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 9:22 PM
To: Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka at fb.com>, "openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: RE: configuring lpc register from user space

Hi Vijay,

If you want to use devmem to set the specific register, you can append mem.devmem to bootargs and restart the system.

Then you can set the specific register using devmem.
You can refer the below link for details.
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/982894/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__patchwork.ozlabs.org_patch_982894_&d=DwMGaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=v9MU0Ki9pWnTXCWwjHPVgpnCR80vXkkcrIaqU7USl5g&m=KA69FVnlR8bLEMZ31BR4OQYBvagLgpv1hn8STKGirbo&s=hzAe_Ozp-uao2QqzTI-4i7xWFnFPihbN1lFEqIUy0aA&e=>

Regards,
Tony