2.6 release notes - content?

krtaylor kurt.r.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:03:10 AEDT 2019

At the last release planning meeting I asked for volunteers to write the
2.6 release notes...and instead I got volunteered. So, I'll have a go at
it, but I need your help.

I am going to start with the content in the spreadsheet, so I need the
release planning reps to ensure that it is current ASAP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lts-YX8J_AnS2dKfhW649OQHijz-JRiJWHTDpKY62Hk/edit?usp=sharing

We'll be excluding those features that were not completed. I also need
to include *significant* functionality that was contributed, but not
listed in the spreadsheet.

For new content, I need a couple of sentences that describe the feature
and the benefit, as well as special considerations, configuration,
limitations, etc. Anything more than a couple of paragraphs needs to be
documented in the feature/repo readme or in docs.

I am not trying to write the perfect release notes. We can improve the
process and quality for 2.7.

So, please check with the spreadsheet, make sure it is current and reply
here with content pointers or any spreadsheet omissions.

Thanks everyone!
Kurt (krtaylor)