obmc-ikvm host OS console mode issue

Jae Hyun Yoo jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 21 10:21:02 AEDT 2019

Hi xiuzhi,

I tested it and checked that kvm through websocket works on both text
mode and gui mode of the host. Please find captured image I'm attaching.

As you experienced, current kvm implementation is a bit unstable.
In case it doesn't work, restart 'start-ipkvm' service and try again.

# systemctl stop start-ipkvm
# systemctl start start-ipkvm

If the issue is relating to the host wake-up event, please try this:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/obmc-ikvm/+/18583/

Since it still needs lots of improvement, your debugging and
contribution on this kvm function would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Jae