couple questions for DBUS

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:33:25 AEDT 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 2:22 AM George Liu <fyczy at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>     Customize the Dbus interface, add a new dbus object after receiving the message via the yaml file configuration method, use busctl introspect com.xxx.xxx /com/xxx/xx/xx/xx is correct, but use mapper get-service "/com/xxx/xx/xx/xx" prompt Error finding '/com/xxx/xx/xx/xx' service: No such file or directory
> Thanks!

A couple things to try. First ensure mapper is working as expected
with a command
like this:
  mapper get-service /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0
  xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host

If you're new dbus object is not using the default  object base then
it's probably
the whitelist mapper feature (mapper ignores anything not on it's list).
Take a look at /etc/default/obmc/mapper

Here's the relevant field from our witherspoon system in that file:
MAPPER_INTERFACES="xyz.openbmc_project org.openbmc
org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager com.ibm org.open_power"

Andrew