DRAM usage on AST2500 with OpenBMC and Redfish

Ed Tanous ed.tanous at intel.com
Tue Feb 26 09:52:58 AEDT 2019

On 2/22/19 1:14 PM, Keith Williamson wrote:

> Is 512MB DRAM on the AST2500 more than enough for OpenBMC, Redfish, etc
> or is anyone in the community recommending 1GB DRAM?

Relevant quote:
"640 K ought to be enough for anybody"

At this point in time, the systems I'm working on only support 512MB,
and I've never even thought about wanting more, except in maybe a debug
context for capturing logs to ram.  On the other end of the spectrum,
I've heard that the platforms that support 128MB have a tough time;  I
don't know of any in between data points.