Redfish: Design User authorization.

Tanous, Ed ed.tanous at intel.com
Tue Feb 26 04:12:21 AEDT 2019

> Hi Ed,
>
> This mail is regarding the authorization support on Redfish.

Thanks for pushing forward on this.  I think the best first step would be to review the patchset that's already in progress that's adding some infrastructure to do a lot of the things you're proposing.  If you're proposing an alternative approach than the existing review, and I misunderstood, apologies.

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/15813

I suspect the questions we need to answer are:
1. How do we determine a user's role?
2. Given that privilege is required to service every request, do we need to cache it, or can we go to dbus for every request?
3. How is the cache invalidated?

I think the bulk of the implementation will be filling out the method here:
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/a24526dcf9ad8de2f0bd9dbd5fc746a130351a22/redfish-core/include/privileges.hpp#L229

And moving roles away from the static implementation, as you've already determined.

Do you have any intention to implement PrivilegeRegistry?

Looking forward to seeing your work here.

-Ed