Add driver MAX31725/6 to linux kernel 4.19

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Feb 25 13:02:25 AEDT 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019, at 19:56, Duke Du (杜祥嘉) wrote:
> Hi,
> 	The driver MAX31725/6 is added to the linux kernel 4.20 but I want to
> add driver MAX31725/6 to linux kernel 4.19, how can I do ?

Send a patch backporting the driver to the 4.19 kernel. There's a write-up
on sending kernel patches for OpenBMC here:

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/kernel-development.md

That document is pretty out of date (from a quick read), so have a browse
through the wiki as well:

https://github.com/openbmc/linux/wiki

However I expect we'll be moving to the 5.0 kernel once it's released, and
that will solve your problem. I've added Joel on To: who might be able to
elaborate on the timing for 5.0 in OpenBMC. 5.0-rc8 was pushed 69
minutes ago, so there's still probably another week or so before the
upstream release.

Andrew