ECC memory of BMC

Stefan Schaeckeler (sschaeck) sschaeck at cisco.com
Fri Feb 22 03:56:33 AEDT 2019

Hi all,

ECC needs to be enabled in u-boot. The reason is explained in my first upload https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10732769/

Our u-boot engineer did it for us. I see u-boot code is full of #ifdef CONFIG_DRAM_ECC blocks. In theory, enabling this option should be enough.

- A good indication of having ECC successfully enabled is linux actually booting.
- Another indication is available memory being 8/9th of what it used to be (check /proc/meminfo)
- Then, my driver should not log any errors in its probe function (check dmesg).

 Stefan