problem getting inventory to work intel s2600wf image

Wim Vervoorn wvervoorn at eltan.com
Thu Feb 21 03:20:18 AEDT 2019

Hello,

We are having problems getting the inventory to work on the intel s2600wf build.

We are using a very recent version of the tree.

The first thing I noticed is the same issue as the one mentioned here:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-May/011841.html

Basically the org.openbmc.managers.System.service can't start because the python script used can't import obmc.inventory.

I got that issue out of the way by adding a dependency so the script required is pulled in but the service still doesn't start. Now I see that line 30 of the system_manager.py script is generating an error while being called from line 115.
It generates AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ID_LOOKUP'

My question is should the S2600WF code in the OpenBmc repo be capable of supporting this or am I missing some items to really do this?

If there is a specific commit that should have this working please let me know what to check out.

Best regards,

Wim Vervoorn