libMCTP

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon Feb 18 20:55:14 AEDT 2019

Hi Ed,

[adding openbmc list]

> At this point, I have a basic NVME-MI transactions working, and CRCs
> passing on single packet and multi-packet payloads against a real NVMe
> drive target.
>
> https://github.com/edtanous/libmctp

OK, I've had a look through the branch now, and have merged a couple of
the changes, but a few notes:

Coming from a kernel background, I was afraid of a coding style rework!
However, I figure that it'll mostly be OpenBMC folks who work on this,
so have applied the clang formatting, with one minor change: to keep the
alignment of #defines and structure members. I think this makes it a lot
more readable, and isn't against any of the OpenBMC coding style
prescriptions.

However, it does make reformatting a little tricky, as clang-format
doesn't handle that. I don't want to bikeshed this too much, but is that
OK with you?

I've put the proposed changes up in a 'format' branch:

  https://github.com/jk-ozlabs/libmctp/commits/format

If that's all OK then I'll fast-forward master to there.

I can't merge your NVME change as it is at the moment, as the crc32 file
is licenced as LGPLv2+. While I am working with our folks to get
approval for my work libmctp to be licenced as dual GPL+Apache-2, this
still wouldn't cover including crc32.c there. Ronnie might be fine to
relicense it though - do you want me to ask him?

The NVME & smbus backends look good - let me know when you think they're
OK for merging to master and I will do so.

Thanks for the input!

Cheers,

Jeremy