GUI translation bundles

susan jasinski susantjasinski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 07:17:06 AEDT 2019

I’d like some feedback about how to breakdown translation bundles for the GUI.

My initial thought is to create a bundle per panel since companies
have the option to pick and choose which upstream panels they want to
use. Would this be an overwhelming amount of bundles? Does this idea
scale well as we grow the number of panels? Does this scale well as
new panels are added after existing panels have already been
translated?

In addition, there could a “global” bundle for navigation and header,
Should this include words/phrases that are common across many panels
such as “save” and “cancel”?

Also, should GUI notifications/messages be in their own bundle or put
into their respective panel’s bundle?

Can you think of other factors that should guide this decision?

Thank you, Susan Jasinski