Romulus to use Virtual PNOR

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:13:13 AEDT 2019

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:03 PM Lei YU <mine260309 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Based on the discussion, let's keep using static flash layout for PNOR on
> Romulus.
>
> This brings the questions:
> 1. Shall we move the legacy code update service
>    (org.openbmc.control.Flash.service) to the new one
>    (xyz.openbmc_project.Software.xxx.service)?

Yes please. I asked Adriana to open a story to track doing this. I'm
working on getting
firmware update support in Redfish and I'd like to just use the
xyz.openbmc_project.Software.xxx interfaces for both BMC and Bios updates.
Some day these xyz.openbmc_project.Software.xxx would also be used for
updates to power supplies and other devices in the system as well via
the Redfish UpdateService.