Unable to read or write from system SPI flash memory.

AKASH G J akashgj91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:54:29 AEDT 2019

Hi all,

We have a test board containing BMC Aspeed AST-2500. It contains BMC flash
memory, SPI1 flash memory and SPI2 flash memory. we are using zaius machine
configuration for building Linux. When I am trying to write to SPI1 flash
at address 30000000 using pflash tool, the modified data is not reflected
after reboot. Same with SPI2 flash. With pflash tool I am able to write
data permanently to BMC flash memory. The device tree for SPI devices is
following.

&fmc {
    status = "okay";

    flash at 0 {
        status = "okay";
        label = "bmc";
        m25p,fast-read;
        spi-max-frequency = <50000000>;
#include "openbmc-flash-layout.dtsi"
    };
};

&spi1 {
    status = "okay";
    pinctrl-names = "default";
    pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_spi1_default>;

    flash at 0 {
        status = "okay";
        label = "pnor";
        m25p,fast-read;
        spi-max-frequency = <100000000>;
    };
};

&spi2 {
    status = "okay";
    pinctrl-names = "default";
    pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_spi2ck_default
             &pinctrl_spi2cs0_default
             &pinctrl_spi2cs1_default
             &pinctrl_spi2miso_default
             &pinctrl_spi2mosi_default>;

    flash at 0 {
        status = "okay";
    };
};

Please someone help to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Akash