Initial MCTP design proposal

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue Feb 12 19:43:14 AEDT 2019

Hi Brad,

> > If we go ahead with the MCTP designs, and want to use this, I'd
> > propose
> > moving it from my personal github repo into /openbmc/ (after
> > suitable
> > updates to get it into OpenBMC standards, of course). Patches
> > welcome!
>
> There was some interest in performing a formal code review on Gerrit
> of
> what you have written thus far (or intend to distribute).

I'm okay with that, but I expect there to be a lot of churn while we
work out the prototypes, which might make the formal reviews a bit
pointless (if we end up throwing out the code that gets review).

For example, we don't yet have a solid demonstration that the interfaces
are fit for what we need. That'll shake out as part of the prototyping
work that I'm doing now, but there may be changes needed between now and
then.

> To that end I could create an initial empty repository in the openbmc
> namespace and you could push your tree there for review, when you are
> ready.  How does that sound?

Yep, I'd be happy to do this when we decide on a good time to do the
reviews.

Cheers,

Jeremy