How should we have our own releases and version numbers?

Andrew MS1 Peng pengms1 at lenovo.com
Tue Feb 12 19:10:02 AEDT 2019

Hi All,

We would like to have a specific Fw version numbers when release image and see the firmware revision from ipmi get device command (0x06, 0x01), thus we created os-release.bbappend<https://github.com/LenovoHS/openbmc/blob/master/meta-lenovo/meta-hr630/recipes-core/os-release/os-release.bbappend> file, but the version_id property can't be overwritten by our bbappend file. Could someone give me an advice?

Thanks.
Andrew