LED not Blinking

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 01:11:22 AEDT 2019

Hi,

On 2/4/19 5:48 PM, AKASH G J wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a board containing BMC Aspeed AST-2500. One LED is connected
> to GPIO-E0. I am using zaius machine configuration for building the
> image. I want that LED to blink after BMC is booted. So I changed the
> following files.
>
> Patched the device tree file aspeed-bmc-opp-zaius.dts
>
>  leds {
>             compatible = "gpio-leds";
> +        power {
> +            gpios = <&gpio ASPEED_GPIO(E, 0) GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
> +        };
>   };
>

> Added the following configuration to sensor inventory file
> openbmc/meta-ingrasys/meta-zaius/recipes-phosphor/ipmi/phosphor-ipmi-sensor-inventory%/config.yaml
>
> bmc_booted:
>     power:
>         Action: 'Blink'
>         DutyOn: 50
>         Period: 1000

You would need to put this in led.yaml and that would get compiled into
phosphor-led-manager as led-gen.hpp. Please see this as an example.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-ibm/meta-romulus/recipes-phosphor/leds/romulus-led-manager-config/led.yaml

!! Vishwa !!

The LED is glowing when the BMC boots up. But it is not blinking. Please
someone help to resolve the issue.
Thanks in advance.