BMC UUID property/object not found

CS20 CHMa0 CHMA0 at nuvoton.com
Fri Dec 27 12:38:58 AEDT 2019

Hi Raj,

Basically, if you only need ipmitool mc guid command work, you can just set up interface xyz.openbmc_project.Common.UUID.
And also you should check you already define the inventory path in association.json.
You can refer: https://github.com/Nuvoton-Israel/openbmc/blob/runbmc/meta-quanta/meta-olympus-nuvoton/recipes-phosphor/inventory/phosphor-inventory-manager/associations.json#L71
After you define the BMC inventory path in association.json and configuration.yaml, the you should see the D-Bus property.
Here is a command for checking the D-Bus path that IPMId would access.

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=xyz.openbmc_project.ObjectMapper /xyz/openbmc_project/object_mapper xyz.openbmc_project.ObjectMapper.GetSubTree string:"" int32:0 array:string:"xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Bmc"

the return message would be like:
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/management_card/bmc"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Manager"
               array [
                  string "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable"
                  string "org.freedesktop.DBus.Peer"
                  string "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Association.Definitions"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Common.UUID"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Decorator.Asset"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Decorator.Cacheable"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Decorator.Replaceable"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Decorator.Revision"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Bmc"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Board"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Ethernet"
                  string "xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.NetworkInterface"
               ]
            )
         ]
      )