Chassis/Host power control and power state transition

rgrs rgrs at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:03:02 AEDT 2019

Hi All,

Sometimes when I do "ipmitool chassis power cycle",  system gets powered off but not powered on back again.
Logs show some sd_bus_set_property returns errno 5 (Input/Output error).

My guess is that CPLD that takes care of power distribution  in my server is causing the IO error, but i need enough data/logs to prove it.

I'm not able to debug further without understanding the state machine, system targets, and their order of execution.
Is there any docs to tools to help me understand or visualize the execution sequence (for power operations atleast)?

Thanks,
Raj