Power Supply Cold Redundancy

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:06:22 AEDT 2019

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 9:13 AM Yang, Cheng C
<cheng.c.yang at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Brad & James,
>
>      I am going to upstream an Intel specific feature called Power
> Supply Cold Redundancy which is to keep one PSU in standby mode when
> there are two PSU on the system.
>
> You can get more information about this feature in design doc
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/27637
>
> My question is which repo should I push the code, is there any exist
> repo maintain all PSU related features? If not can you help to create a
> repo for this?

phosphor-power is the repo for power supply related services and
tools, and it has a C++ i2c library that could be used to interact
with i2c devices.
It looks like a good place to add the service.

Be noted that if you have PSU driver bind to the device, e.g. for PSU
vin/vout/fault monitor, it's not possible to do i2c read/write
directly, unless you unbind the driver.