how the openbmc running in qemu communicate with the operating system running in another qemu via KCS/BT?

南野ムルシエラゴ 1181052146 at qq.com
Thu Dec 19 19:25:26 AEDT 2019

Greetings!

I am a learner of openbmc, for some reason I do not have a real BMC nor a real server, I run openbmc in qemu. Recentlly I want to learn how BMC communicate with HOST System. But it seems qemu can not emulate this scenario.
Can someone help tell me:
Is there a mechanism allow me to run openbmc in qemu1 and at the same time run OS in qemu2. And let qemu1 run as the qemu2's BMC hardware and communicate via KCS or BT interface? Like the following sequence:
[qemu1  [openbmc  [bt-bmc]]]<------LPC-------->|-----system IPC-----|<------LPC-------->[[[ipmi_si]  host]  qemu2]
And what can I do?
I have seen there is some code in qemu source code:
qemu/hw/ipmi/*
and in linux-5.3 source code:
drivers/char/ipmi/*
Dose this can help mitigate my problem?