Bios upgrade

Oskar Senft osk at google.com
Wed Dec 18 07:57:29 AEDT 2019

Hi

How did you configure the BIOS flash device? I assume via the device tree?
I haven't tested this in a while, but I seem to remember that if the BIOS
SPI flash is not accessible Linux doesn't "detect" the device and doesn't
create the MTD, i.e. it's not accessible from the BMC. This can be the case
if the mux between BMC, PCH and BIOS SPI flash) is configured to connect
the SPI flash to the BMC at the time the BMC boots. Or is there a way to
make BMC's Linux "rescan" for SPI flash chips at runtime?

Thanks
Oskar.