Re: How can I add a user for openbmc and remove the default root user?

南野ムルシエラゴ 1181052146 at qq.com
Mon Dec 16 20:01:04 AEDT 2019

Hi Thomaiyar

Thanks for your advices. Acctually I want to add a user dynamically when after openbmc is running, not in the image building time. And I do some trials, and it seems to work.
1. After login in as root, I use busctl to call the CreateUser method of phosphor-user-manager

2. After that, I use passwd command to change user liu3's password. The password can not be too simple, and I set password as "qwertyuiop[]123".

3. Then I can see two user in /xyz/openbmc_project/user. They are root and liu3

4. In another computer(accutally I run openbmc in qemu, and "another computer" means the host system), I try to access the openbmc with curl and ipmitool. And it seems to work.

Although I can add a user, but I still do not know how to delete the added user. I haven't found a deleteuser d-bus interface like createuser interface.

Best Regards!
Liu Hongwei