Redfish: Disable/enable out of band IPMI

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Sat Dec 14 07:02:07 AEDT 2019

On 12/12/19 1:30 AM, Carol Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking to implement IPMI Enable / Disable as part of Redfish's
> Manager Network
> Protocol.
> https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/ManagerNetworkProtocol.v1_5_0.json

Carol, that is good.  We are also looking to implement this protocol,
plus the ability to control other services such as Avahi service
discovery, and SSH access to the BMC shell.  I hope we can work together.

Note that we have discussed this work in the following places:
- https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group
- https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2019-September/018379.html
- https://github.com/ibm-openbmc/dev/issues/612

With that said, I don't have an answer to your question.  Can someone
who knows systemd help us determine the best way to disable/stop and
re-enable/start the [phosphor-ipmi-net][2] service?  I think a D-Bus
interface to represent the status of the service and be able to control
it is expected.

I can help with the bmcweb implementation, if needed.

[2]:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/ipmi/phosphor-ipmi-net_git.bb

- Joseph