[EXTERNAL] Re: Managing heterogeneous systems

vishwa vishwa at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 12 17:59:08 AEDT 2019

On 12/10/19 3:20 PM, Neeraj Ladkani wrote:

> Great discussion.
>
> The problem is not physical interface as they can communicate using
> LAN. The problem is entity binding as one compute node can be
> connected to 1 or more storage nodes. How can we have one view of
> system from operational perspective? Power on/off, SEL logs, telemetry?

Correct. This is where I mentioned about "Primary BMC acting as Point Of
Contact" for external requests.
Depending on how we want to service the request, we could orchestrate
that via PoC BMC or respond to external requesters on where they can get
the data and they connect to 'em directly.

!! Vishwa !!