GUI Mockups - IBM proposal

Derick Montague Derick.Montague at ibm.com
Thu Dec 12 08:20:51 AEDT 2019

> We realize this is an IBM centric design, and are looking forward to seeing what components of this we can agree on to be merged upstream, and which will have to be left for downstream theming.

I believe our goal is to find a base design that does not look like IBM or Intel. This will allow any company to use the design without change if desired. Bootstrap out of the box will not be polished enough. The Vue rewrite will implement Bootsrap correctly in order to leverage custom theming. To utilize custom theming in the existing GUI, we would need to overhaul most of the application to implement Bootstrap correctly to meet this same need.