Faking Sensor Readings

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 12 04:29:06 AEDT 2019

On 12/11/19 1:14 AM, rgrs wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I don't see any results for the grep command.
>
> Our platform was built referencing Witherspoon IIRC.
>
> Below links were used during porting,
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/add-new-system.md
>
> https://developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/2019/01/07/how-to-port-openbmc/
>
> I don't see "entity manager" being used in above links. Is it something specific to Intel servers?

Entity-manager is here: https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager, there
is a readme checked in with some basic information.

There is also a guide here for adding your first sensors:
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/docs/my_first_sensors.md

Configuration files are here:
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/tree/master/configurations

First step is to add dbus-sensors and entity-manager to your image like
the earlier provided links.

Thanks,

James