Faking Sensor Readings

rgrs rgrs at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 4 20:39:42 AEDT 2019

Hi James,

I tried busctl set-property,  but the values didn't change.
Are the steps below correct?
(test with both 'field mode' enabled and disabled)

root at obmc:~# busctl introspect xyz.openbmc_project.Hwmon-2439434288.Hwmon1  /xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/INLET_TEMP xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value --no-pager
NAME                             TYPE      SIGNATURE RESULT/VALUE                             FLAGS
.MaxValue                        property  x         0                                        emits-change writable
.MinValue                        property  x         0                                        emits-change writable
.Scale                           property  x         -3                                       emits-change writable
.Unit                            property  s         "xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value.Unit.… emits-change writable
.Value                           property  x         18500                                    emits-change writable

root at obmc:~# busctl --no-pager set-property xyz.openbmc_project.Hwmon-2439434288.Hwmon1  /xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/INLET_TEMP xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value  Value x 50000

root at saber:~# busctl --no-pager get-property xyz.openbmc_project.Hwmon-2439434288.Hwmon1  /xyz/openbmc_project/sensors/temperature/INLET_TEMP xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value  Value
x 18500

root at obmc:~#

Thanks,
Raj