phosphor-ipmi-flash: A problem in BMC FW update over LPC

Corey Chen (陳志銘) Corey.Chen at quantatw.com
Mon Aug 26 12:31:18 AEST 2019

Hi,

Currently, I’m doing following steps,

  1. Get a MMIO space via GCD service.
  2. Program LPC/eSPI PCI Offset 98h [0] to [0] to disable memory decoding first before changing base address.
  3. Program LPC/eSPI PCI Offset 98h [31:16, 0] to [Address, 1].
  4. Program LPC/eSPI Memory Range, PCR[DMI] + 2740h to the same value programmed in LPC/eSPI PCI Offset 98h.

But after discussing with Intel,
perhaps I have to make sure that the MMIO space I’m using is claimed in MMIO_RULE_CFG_X as Skylake BIOS writer guide mentions.

BR,
Corey