QEMU native compile issue

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Fri Aug 30 10:08:42 AEST 2019

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019, at 00:09, Johnathan Mantey wrote:
> Not really. I'm not sure where the code went.
>
>  I cloned the OpenBMC QEMU, made my change, and then pushed the change
> to "upstream". I have SHA "650af0e183 Fix compile error when using
> kernel 5.2" as the text.

As you noted in your follow-up email you found the fix upstream. Further, the fix
is contained in the QEMU v4.1 tag.

Upstream open-embedded has already bumped QEMU to v4.1 - I guess we
should backport that change to openbmc/openbmc and this will be resolved.
I've Cc'ed Brad so he's across it.

As an aside, while we have the openbmc/qemu repo on GitHub, it's not
integrated into openbmc/openbmc, openbmc/qemu is a bit less volatile than
Cedric's legoater/qemu aspeed-4.x branches (as it's used for OpenBMC CI
purposes), but has more models implemented than what upstream typically
has (I intend to update openbmc/qemu to 4.1 with some of the patches from
legoater/qemu aspeed-4.2 on top in the near future). The QEMU that's built as
part of the OpenBMC build process is the upstream release.

Hope that helps.

Andrew