Entity-Manager's Configuration Generation leaves address as string

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Aug 29 07:36:33 AEST 2019

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 2:29 PM James Feist <james.feist at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/19 2:16 PM, Patrick Venture wrote:

> >> Based on this, I think this line might be your issue:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/3b80d7c51ff5d5859c0ca1f2b517c18f4766a1a6/src/EntityManager.cpp#L1336
> >>

> >> If found device is nullopt, you still want to call this line, but you
> >> want to call it with an empty flat_map.
> >>
> >> I verified if this happens it should work here:
> >>
> >> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/entity-manager/+/24787
> >
> > So, we're still hitting the error:

> >      "Exposes": [
> >          {
> >             "Address": "0x54",
> >             "Bus": 31,
> >             "Name": "i2cool 0",
> >             "Type": "MAX31725"
> >          },
>
> Did you change the above line? What have you tried? Guessing it has to
> do with templateCharReplace not getting hit, if it gets hit it should be
> replacing it.

Yeah, I see your new unit-test validates the replacement behavior.  So
it must be that it's not hitting that line you pointed to.  I'll see
if I can grab a test platform tomorrow and see if I can replicate it
(we have a config that consistently fails).  And see if I can figure
out why the device isn't being "found."