[ExternalEmail] Re: Asynchronous Event Notification support.

Troy.Lee at vertiv.com Troy.Lee at vertiv.com
Wed Aug 28 14:11:26 AEST 2019

Hi Jason,

It's very useful information to know.

Thanks,
Troy Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: openbmc <openbmc-bounces+troy.lee=vertiv.com at lists.ozlabs.org> On Behalf Of Bills, Jason M
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:31 AM
To: openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: [ExternalEmail] Re: Asynchronous Event Notification support.

On 8/27/2019 12:02 AM, Troy.Lee at vertiv.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I know, the phosphor-sel-logger has the ability to monitor the threshold crossing which generated by phosphor-hwmon or dbus-sensors on DBus, and then it will generate redfish event log or journal log.
>
> However, I didn't see the IPMI SEL being generated regarding to the name of the repository.
Hi Troy,

The phosphor-sel-logger will log the IPMI SEL and Redfish event to the journal.  Other modules are then responsible for getting the events out of the journal and making them available to a user.

For example in Intel systems, we use rsyslog to extract the IPMI SEL log entries from the journal and store them to a persisted syslog file. (See
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/tree/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-extended/rsyslog.)

Then, IPMI uses the SEL entries in the syslog file to handle the SEL IPMI commands. (See
https://github.com/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/blob/master/src/storagecommands.cpp.)