A new repo for objc-debug-tools

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Aug 24 09:31:46 AEST 2019

On 8/20/19, 5:16 PM, "Andrew Jeffery" <andrew at aj.id.au> wrote:

    On Wed, 21 Aug 2019, at 06:22, Vijay Khemka wrote:

    > Hi Brad,
    >
    > Can you please create a new repo for obmc-debug-tools. I have put a
    > simple document here and will elaborate later.
    >
    > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_-23_c_openbmc_docs_-2B_24591_&d=DwIBAg&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=v9MU0Ki9pWnTXCWwjHPVgpnCR80vXkkcrIaqU7USl5g&m=6z2u4EUj64SDPW7olBwN2br_N9k1c_r4MLozFVqSD9E&s=GIVGeSr8_0FCPynnfun2IgbxjysQyF4bncnGOF_CyX4&e=

    The documentation suggests these tools are primarily for debugging
    purposes. This wasn't clear to me previously - I now think we should
    just host them in the openbmc-tools repo where we already host a
    bunch of other scripts for debugging. If you want to install them in the
    image then we just write the recipes necessary.
I see in openbmc-tools repo, there are separate directories for individual user
And it contains only scripts. I would like this debug tools to be buildable via
cmake and we shouldn't download whole repo if we need only these tools.
Would prefer to have a separate repo for all tools which can be useful.

    Andrew