Historical Sensor Information

Kun Yi kunyi at google.com
Fri Aug 16 02:57:04 AEST 2019

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 9:41 AM Milton Miller II <miltonm at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> On August 15, 2019, Wilfred Smith wrote:
> >I’ll need to check with my compatriots here at Facebook for our
> >specific use cases.
> >
> >Can you point me to the discussion on metrics reporting?
> >

> Probably this thread here, there seems to be a working group with a
> meeting schedule:
>
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2019-August/017412.html
>
> Platform telemetry and health monitoring - PST AM
>

> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Platform-telemetry-and-health-monitoring-Work-Group
>
> We are currently looking into using collectd to store metrics. You can
look into the design doc proposal here:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/22257
The design still needs to be fleshed out in a few places, but we are
working towards implementing a prototype.

How far back and how often you need to collect sensor information is also
important. If you are interested in discussion, could you fill out this
form to specify your FR? thanks

 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12gMMXB9r_WfWDf5wz-Z_zXsz6RNheC6p2LKp7HePAEE/edit?usp=sharing

--
Regards,