GUI Workgroup - notes

Jandra A jandraara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 02:02:48 AEST 2019

Hello,

Here are the notes from today's GUI workgroup. The next meeting is
scheduled for 10:00 AM CST on Wednesday August 28.

Lee, are Scoot, Jagan, Zelia, Thiago, David, Marieely, and Z the people
from Intel you asked to join? If so, we were not able to talk with them.
Please let them know they are welcome to add items to the agenda; we would
love to see what they are working on.

Attendees:
- Yoshie Muranaka (IBM)
- Jandra Aranguren (IBM)
- Ryan Arnell (IBM)
- Mira Murali (IBM)
- Dixsie Wolmers (IBM)
- Rahul Maheshwari (IBM)
- Scoot (?)
- Jagan Sukumar (?)
- Zelia Cholland (?)
- Thiago (?)
- David (?)
- Marieely (?)
- Z (?)

Notes:

   - Reviewed Login - expired password
      - No need to ask for current password again
      - Is the copy the appropriate message? Not clear if this is only for
      the first login or for all expired password scenarios
   - Reviewed Firmware
      - Not clear 'Reboot host and bmc' button becomes disabled because the
      settings have not been saved.
      - Verified with FED that Activating and Rebooting toast messages are
      doable.
      - Consider adding a visual queue to clearly indicate the next boot
      image has been changed after activation without reboot.
   - Reviewed Power Operations
      - Is there a scenario in which a customer might only have AIX, only
      Linux, or only IBMi?
      - Make 'Default partition environment' dropdown the same width as the
      others for easy eye scan
      - Left and top margins on server settings sections
   - Local User Management (Progress Status - FED)
      - Decided to move root to first row
      - Discussed the order of checkbox

Regards,
Jandra A