Using meson unittest in OE SDK environment

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:47:15 AEST 2019

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 2:41 AM William Kennington <wak at google.com> wrote:

> It seems like a complete misuse of the SDK if you have to hardcode
> that much of the toolchain information into the build scripts.

This is typical use in all the repos with autotool, see example in
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-hwmon/blob/2227bd52c5bb8d62dcfe33b58d65515d21e9be17/configure.ac#L149-L162

> This should all be handled outside of your meson build.

Could you kindly share how to configure this outside of meson?
The goal is to tell the linker to use the OE-SDK's ld.

Btw, I managed to config meson to specify the rpath and ld correct, by
splitting my previous linker args into two parts:
* Put dynamic-linker in `link_args`
* Put rpath in `build_rpath`

And it works as expected, see example in:
https://github.com/mine260309/phosphor-psu-code-mgmt/blob/cff6d1b02d43f3f7e4946e778dcfca388cec77e4/test/meson.build#L44-L45