Requesting Patchset to linux

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Fri Apr 26 03:59:26 AEST 2019

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019, at 10:54, Patrick Venture wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was curious, when sending a patchset to openbmc/linux that is
> already staged elsewhere in a maintainer's repo -- should we just send
> an email with a link to the patchset or the full patch email?
>
> I've done the patch email for this in the past, but wanted to ask.

It's easiest if you send us the backported patches based on top of whatever
the latest OpenBMC dev branch is (dev-5.0 right now), that way if there are
any conflicts it's the subject matter expert dealing with cleaning them up.

When you backport your patches, please use `git cherry-pick -x $SHA`, as
this will embed the commit ID of the upstream change in the footer of
the commit message of the cherry-picked change. This allows us to easily
track the origin of your patch back upstream if necessary (handy for
Fixes: lines).

Cheers,

Andrew