Seeking openbmc programmer's editor info

Emily Shaffer emilyshaffer at google.com
Tue Apr 23 04:03:11 AEST 2019

OpenBMC is cross-compiled to target the embedded chip that it will run
on (often an Aspeed or Nuvoton part). I really doubt anybody is doing
their coding on an AST2400 :) Those stale-Ubuntu-targeted instructions
might still work, and if they don't, please let us know which
libraries are missing.

I use a Debian derivative and Vim. However, it's worth noting that
openbmc/openbmc references a bunch of other Git repos. Bitbake will
pull these down and build for you, but if you want to edit anything,
you'll need to either check them out on your own or use devtool.

Can you paste the errors you're seeing with C-Scope? (I don't use it,
but the text of the error might help us suss out what's going wrong.)

By the way, even for questions like this, it's better to mail the
entire list than choose one person at random to ask in a direct email.
Later developers may have the same question and your email will help
answer it for them. :)

Welcome to the project!

--
Emily Shaffer