ipmitool recipe update needed?

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Tue Apr 16 23:27:12 AEST 2019

11.04.2019 22:07, William Kennington wrote:
> The problem with the archive tarballs is that their contents are not
> stable (they are autogenerated when needed from git), and they aren't
> dist tarballs so they haven't been run over `./bootstrap.sh;
> ./configure; make dist` yet.

Well, they are stable enough because they are autogenerated from the same git hash each time.

As to not being 'dist' tarballs, is that actually a problem (at least for op-build) ?
Release tarballs on sourceforge haven't been run through bootstrap and configure as well, because that's useless.
You would need to re-run it on your target build system anyway.

As Vernon suggested, using git instead of tarballs would be even better. The code in the repository has been significantly improved since 1.8.18 already, yet I don't feel so far like tagging a new release. Nonetheless, I don't see why the top of trunk couldn't be used for op-build.

With best regards,
Alexander Amelkin,
Leading BMC Software Engineer, YADRO
https://yadro.com