Sending I2C command via google-ipmi i2c

George Hung (洪忠敬) George.Hung at quantatw.com
Fri Apr 12 15:46:40 AEST 2019

Hi all,

I’m trying to sending ipmi I2C command via google-ipmi-i2c extension,
but I will get the response error, “Unspecified error” from ipmitool.

There are the command and response example below:

# ipmitool raw 0x2e 0x02 0x79 0x2b 0x00 1 0 0x98 0 1 0 0x99 0 2
Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0 netfn=0x2e lun=0x0 cmd=0x2 rsp=0xff): Unspecified error

I check the error message from journal and it indicates that cannot open /dev/i2c-121 and I think it used the first byte of IANA number (0x79) as bus number.

Has anyone ever met this situation ? or something I have to configure for phosphor-ipmi-host / google-ipmi-i2c ?

Best Regards
George Hung