Switching to static network address issues

Troy Lee leetroy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 20:09:32 AEST 2019

Hi William,

This issue could be reproduce with WebUI or REST interface.
1. Starts up romulus-bmc qemu as normal, so the IP address is acquired
from DHCP by default, let's say "10.1.1.2".
2. Open the browser and login to https://10.1.1.2/,
3. Switch to [Server Configuration] tab.
    Then you will see the current setting is "OBTAIN AN IP ADDRESS
AUTOMATICALLY USING DHCP".
4. Click on checkbox "ASSIGN A STATIC IP ADDRESS, and DO NOT CHANGE
the IP address, leave it the same as DHCP IP address "10.1.1.2".
5. Click on "Save settings" button.

Thanks,
Vertiv Avocent
Troy Lee