Question on flashing firmware and bmc image

Pietro Maltoni pietro.maltoni at studio.unibo.it
Tue Sep 25 00:16:52 AEST 2018

I'm a student in university of bologna and for a research project I have to work with openbmc on a Tyan palmetto system.

I have successfully compiled and installed an openbmc firmware on the palmetto system following the guide https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc.

After installing it I've recognized that oem openpower commands and sensors are not available.

For instance when doing ipmitool sdr elist I do not see openpower sensors(occ ones) as well as netfn in ipmi does not contain commands for the occ.

By searching on the code I've recognized that these are in meta-openpower recipes. How can i enable them? Is there a standard procedure for enabling them on openpower hardware or in palmetto?