Question on Flashing fw, bmc image and MQTT tool in openpower palmetto system

Pietro Maltoni pietro.maltoni at studio.unibo.it
Mon Sep 24 23:13:29 AEST 2018

Trying to set up a more efficient sensor monitoring for openpower sysem and after a look in the openbmc code and occ we found a probem.

The problem that we were seeing was due to the fact that in the palmetto configuration for openbmc, the openpower oem recipes are not activated.

Furthermore on inserting MQTT support in the openbmc image, we saw that mosquitto is already included in openembedded but it does not build properly because it seems to have dependencies with openssl that it can't fix.

We are now working to activate them. Do you know by any chance if there is already a description on how to do it properly?