c++ phosphor-objmgr

Matt Spinler mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 26 00:48:40 AEST 2018

On 2018-09-25 09:30, Patrick Venture wrote:
> I see a lot of open patches
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/project:openbmc%252Fphosphor-objmgr,
> and I was curious, are they things I should dig into for reviewing,
> what is the general status of the c++ mapper?
>
> Patrick

I'm making a push to get Ed's implementation working and into the tree
to completely
replace the python mapper.  It's working now, with the exception of on
our
system it has some performance problems and fails horribly with timeouts
between 10 to
40% of the time, which I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet, though I
plan to soon.

The switchover should be transparent to its users, except for 1 change
in behavior:
It will now throw exceptions on the methods where both a path and an
interface are
passed in, and the path exists but the interface does not, where before
it would just
return an empty results list.  I would consider this to be a bug fix.

By all means, review anything you want.