Link-up between Gerrit & Github

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:03:13 AEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:28 PM Brad Bishop
> <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:
> >

> > > On Sep 17, 2018, at 3:17 PM, Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The first meta-google patchset was pushed by Brad into github.
> > > Interestingly, the second patchset which was merged into gerrit 3 days
> > > ago still hasn't been automatically pushed into github.  It makes me
> > > think there's some box we need to check or a setting to push.
> > >
> > > Brad, can you dig into this please?  I don't have any permissions to
> > > poke at it on Gerrit.
> >
> > Will do.  Agreed there is a problem here - I noticed meta-x86 was out
> > of sync too.  In the meantime I've manually fixed these.
>
> I know it hasn't been long, but I was curious if there any thoughts,
> since it appears to be all new repositories, and not just the meta
> ones.

Yeah, there's a bug in either gerrit or the github plugin to gerrit
(or a mismatch in the levels).  If we restart gerrit it picks up all
the missing synch's and then works fine with that repo after. I'm
hoping to just defer this until the next gerrit maintenance window in
a month or so.  Wouldn't be an issue if we weren't adding so many
freaking repos to openbmc :)  jk

But yeah, until then, Brad please just ping me and I'll manually
restart gerrit when you add new repos, it just takes a few seconds to
get back up and running.  If it gets annoying enough I'll dig in a bit
sooner.

Andrew