New Library SOP

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Fri Sep 14 01:24:35 AEST 2018

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 5:09 AM Brad Bishop <bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 12, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Patrick Venture <venture at google.com> wrote:

> >> I don’t think I have a preferred process.  The one you have described should
> >> work fine.  Otherwise I can just create a new repo.  I suppose it is a bit
> >> easier for people to leave feedback that way?
> >
> > I agree that by forcing it through at least one round of gerrit people
> > have a chance to weigh in, which is preferable in my opinion.  And
> > goes along with the notion of upstream-first, which has something I've
> > been trying to push.
>
> Ok.  So what should the name of the new repository be?  And what will the content be?

Thanks.

I talked to wak@ and I'm holding off on creating a new library to
track whether pivoting to a different already-existing one is a better
plan -- it wasn't clear that they were a good match but they probably
are. :)

That said, for future reference, as I'm sure other libraries will pop-up ->

Patrick