SOL Logging

Emily Shaffer emilyshaffer at google.com
Wed Sep 5 10:07:02 AEST 2018

I wonder if there's a different and more useful way we can provide the
console scrollback. Thinking about this, it's not just a GUI issue, right -
we deliver our console over TCP to a client elsewhere and would have the
same dedupe issues if we needed to start providing backlog.  Speaking with
almost no experience implementing server-side sockets, is it possible for
us to keep that ring buffer in the console socket as well?

I'm also interested in how you all are getting the console over to webui.
Is it delivered via Redfish? (This is totally different from what we are
doing, so apologies if that's a fundamental question, but I'm certainly
keen to know now :) )

Emily