Infrastructure Workgroup?

Sai Dasari sdasari at fb.com
Wed Oct 31 05:44:01 AEDT 2018

On 10/30/18, 8:55 AM, "openbmc on behalf of Andrew Geissler" <openbmc-bounces+sdasari=fb.com at lists.ozlabs.org on behalf of geissonator at gmail.com> wrote:

    Based on some recent discussion in this area, I'm contemplating
    forming an Infrastructure workgroup. The focus would be on improving
    our CI infrastructure and the scripts and tools around it.

    There's been a lot of great community effort already around our CI
    build scripts.

    Some thoughts on goals:
    - Documenting the existing flow
    - Alternatives to existing flow (ability to use freely provides clouds
    for open source projects, ...)
    - Managing the Jenkins nodes - Bringing new nodes online quickly
    (chef, puppet, ansible?)
    - Managing and optimizing the CI flow (repository CI, meta CI, openbmc CI)
    -- Which systems do we build?
    - Process for adding hardware CI (mechanism for individuals to add HW
    CI to gerrit commits)
    - Optimizations to existing scripts (docker building, CI, QEMU)
    - Gerrit, Jenkins, and build node periodic update process
    - Overall maintenance and responsibilities for infrastructure

    Thoughts or interest?
Thanks for starting this great initiative! Will be happy to be part of this infra workgroup.
    Andrew